Research Paper Format or What You Need to Know for Writing an Excellent Paper
Posted on 26 Aug 20195 min read
It is clear that if you are reading these lines, you are the one who was given the task to write a research paper. Don’t be surprised – your present mood is also clear! You think it is simply impossible to write it, you feel lost and the whole situation seems awfully decadent for you. Right? But don’t be depressive! Yes, a research paper isn’t such an easy task to write. It will definitely take your time and efforts but remember – no pain, no gain. Don’t forget that educational program isn’t counted upon geniuses or someone without any talent at all, but upon typical students. So, you can do it! Yes, you can write your own research paper. You just need some help, maybe a piece of good advice and some useful information. Here you can get it! Just remember that you can do it. Millions of students have already done it and definitely, you aren’t the worst.
Research paper format. Why is it so important?
Really, why? If one can make a good research, does it matter how the material is given? Practical evidence shows that a good research paper can’t be written without proper formatting. When the paper is properly formatted, it is easy to read and to understand it, to follow the author’s flow of thoughts. When following general formatting recommendations it is easier for the author to put all his thoughts and conclusions in order.
So, the most common part of any research paper is the title, introduction part, the main body of the paper, author’s conclusion and the reference list. Seems so easy and sounds familiar. However, as you continue reading these lines, you may feel like other students: knowing this information you can hardly imagine what you are to do with it and where to start. Don’t panic! Everything is under control! Let’s start together, step by step, little by little.
Research paper format and its parts
Now we will mark some of the most important points concerning a research paper format, so you can regularize information in your head.
- Start with the title or buy essay papers. It is the easiest part, it should be present in any paper and you will start working on your research paper at last.
- Your paper should be based on a good plan, so the next step is creating it. A properly written plan will guarantee your success and will make it easier for you to write the paper.
- Always remember what you write. Research your paper. It is not your personal diary, recollections or a newspaper article. Don’t mix writing styles. All the information should be given in a clear way. Write just what you properly understand yourself; avoid using information that isn’t clear for you or irrelevant.
- Let the introduction be an introduction. Don’t write too much information; don’t provide deep and detailed data. It should be done in the main body of the paper.
- When it comes to the main body, it is high time to show your writing skills. Here all the details and references should be written. Follow your plan. Don’t forget to prove the real value of what you write and the importance of your research.
- After the main body part comes to the conclusion. It should be like a logical consequence of what you have written already. Don’t just repeat the main body word in a word; sum everything up for giving a better idea of what you have already written.
- If according to the instructions your paper should include references, acknowledgments or additional parts, it is the time for writing them.
- Follow all the formatting requirements. The styles of formatting can be also different, but we will keep them for later.
Research paper format upon a closer view. Introduction and conclusion
As soon as the groundwork is done – it means that title and the plan are written – the time comes for an introduction. But try to be proactive – think about the conclusion. Yes, think about how you will end your paper from the very beginning. But now, while writing the introduction, try to attract the attention of readers, make them interested in your research. The best way to do that is to be interested in your topic yourself. Agree, it is easier to make someone believe in your idea if you believe in it yourself. So, try to fall in love with your research or at least stop hating it.
As soon as you get the necessary part of the inspiration and have a clear idea in your head, start writing. Don’t go into lots of details. You don’t need to write more than a couple of pages. One of them will excite the curiosity of readers and the next one will deal with questions and problems you are going to cover in the main body of the paper.
When it comes to the conclusion, remember that it shouldn’t be very long. There are no exact limits but of course, any conclusion can’t be written in a couple of sentences. Ten pages aren’t necessary as well. The conclusion of the research paper should be closely connected with its introduction, but it shouldn’t repeat it word by word. Make a summary of what is already written; share your thoughts and impressions.
Research paper format upon a closer view. Main body
The main body is definitely the biggest and the most difficult part of the paper. It includes several chapters that should be thought over while writing the plan. The number of chapters can be also specified by the professor, so follow given recommendations. Search the information and generalize it according to the plan you have. Write down the thoughts you have, while reading this or that information. Let no grass grow under your feet! Good thoughts may be forgotten!
Research paper format. Come to a close
Of course, no one can minimize the difficulty of writing a research paper. It takes much time and provides you with sleepless nights. It makes you spend time in search of information instead of spending time with friends. But after you finish it – you will be proud of yourself!