Informative Essay Examples And Writing Guidelines
The main purpose of an informative essay is to provide the audience credible information on the subject. This assignment’s primary goal is to present objective data, and there’s no need to write your thoughts or views. In some cases, this type of assignment is called an expository essay.
An Impressive Informative Essay: Useful Tips
We know that it is complicated for some to write a good essay. That’s why we wrote this article to make the process of writing an essay easier. Read our useful tips below that will help you to write an impeccable informative essay.
- Select a compelling topic. In some cases, students are given a topic, but sometimes you need to choose your own. If you are not given any strict guidelines, you can choose any topic that is relevant to contemporary problems of our society, such as dieting, ageism, bullying, vegetarianism, etc. Read through our examples to think of some new interesting topics.
- Pay special attention to your thesis statement. It should be strongly written, intriguing, and give an explanation of why your topic is essential. Use statistical data, and it will make your thesis more credible.
- Sometimes, students don’t know how to start writing an informative essay. If you are one of them, you should write a draft. Write down a number of aspects that you need to research or the information that you would like to add to the text. You can also write statistical and other data, tables, and more details.
- Research the topic. If you are going to write an informative essay, you should pay special attention to studying the sources. You can use reliable online sources or go to the library. All the sources that you should be credible and published not more than 5 years ago.
- Edit and proofread your essay before submitting it. Correct mistakes if there are any, check the structure of the essay, and use the required formatting style. If you have any doubts concerning grammar, punctuation, or style, you can use one of the online services or applications that will help you find and correct mistakes, such as Grammarly or Ginger.
- Avoid subjectivity. It’s difficult for plenty of students to present an objective view upon the subject, and instead of that, they write their opinion. Your goal is to stay objective and operate facts and other credible information.
- Use only trusted sources. Whatever argument or statement you write, you should back it up with statistical data and reliable facts from academic sources. When you add plenty of various details, your essay produces a more favorable impression.
- If you want to get the best result, take your time and carefully check the essay for errors. It’s a big mistake when students submit their papers in a hurry and don’t have time for proofreading. It’s necessary to have time for this final and very important part of work if you want to write a flawless essay.
Informative Essay: Write an Outline
Before you start to write the essay, you need to write an outline that will serve you as a plan and allow you to present the necessary information to the reader. The outline will traditionally include the introduction, the body paragraphs, and conclusion.
What Do You Write In an Informative Essay?
In an informative essay, you present the reader with credible information on a subject, not your opinions or ideas.
How Do You Write an Informative Paragraph?
The informative paragraph usually consists of five sentences: a topic sentence, sentences that support the main idea, the concluding sentence. Before you get down to writing an informative paragraph paper, study a lot of reliable sources to possess enough knowledge to present the information to the reader in a clear manner.
What Is an Example of an Informative Essay?
As you may experience difficulties while writing this type of paper, we offer you an informative essay example:
The advantages and drawbacks of using cell phones by school students.
With the fast advancement of innovation, an increasing number of cutting edge items have brought comfort to individuals’ lives. One is cell phones. And yet, innovative items like cell phones may have a harmful influence on people’s health (deteriorating eyesight, etc.). For these reasons, I believe that this is an important topic, so I decided to speculate upon it.
In the period where innovation is driving the world, cell phones are not, at this point, the ‘private property’ of influential individuals. In fact, nowadays even schoolchildren use them. People of all ages can be seen talking over their cell phones, playing games, or surfing the web. It might be said and mobile phones have become a vital part of our lives.
The use of cell phones has surely brought numerous advantages. However, according to the materialist method, everything has two sides. For instance, numerous researchers and specialists in the schooling field focus on middle school students bringing their own mobile phones while they definitely should not, and it has become an issue.
Most often, middle school students play games, receive and send SMS, surf the web.
Cell phones have numerous advantages, and plenty of students think that they are compact and easy to operate. For a middle school student, one of the most frequent uses is to send and receive SMS. Texting has become a real addiction for many school students, so it may hinder studies if they bring their cellphones to school.
The prevalence of cell phones brings a lot of advantages. However, the materialist approach discloses to us that things have two different sides. We should recognize the main and the secondary issues when analyzing a problem. For instance, numerous specialists in the field of education are extremely worried that the school students with cell phones are quite popular. The question of whether school students ought to bring with them their own cell phones and why they can or can’t do that is not of the least importance for the modern educational process.